Moksha festival is a celebration of wellness, spiritual expansion and conscious living through: Yoga, Ayurveda, Sacred Music and Spiritual Art. The festival is organized in different cities in California. Please view "Our Offerings" section of the website for specific locations and dates for these festivals. The festival is an initiative of Yoga Next, a California based non-profit (a 501c3 ), publi benefit corporation.
Highlights of Moksha festival:
- Thousands of visitors to the festival every year.
- Classes & workshops on: Yoga (Asanas), Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Ayurveda, Nutrition, Mantra, Sanskrit, Sacred Geometry, Yoga Dance, Yoga Philosophy, Jyotish and Vaastu
- Music bands leading kirtans and sacred music concerts.
- Vendor marketplace offering products and services for a healthy and conscious lifestyle.
- Healing Camp representing various healing modalities such as Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, Energy Healing, Massage Therapy, Polarity Healing and more healing modalities.
- Spiritual Art exhibits
- Spiritual Movie Screenings
Yoga is one of the six systems of Indian philosophy. It is a sciene of self realization. It is much more than Asana (physical postures). Yoga is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practices, built on a strong foundation of morals and disciplines. At Moksha, we would like to bring more awareness to all these aspects of yoga and offer a rewarding spiritual experience through the various paths of enlightenment:
- Raja Yoga: Asana (postures), Pranayama (breathwork) , Meditation, Yama (Morals) & Niyama (Disciplines)
- Bhakti Yoga: Kirtans & Sacred Music & Dance.
- Jnana Yoga: Lectures & Workshops on topics such as Yoga Philosophy, Vedanta, Ayurveda, Vaastu, Jyotish.
- Karma Yoga: Volunteering for Moksha festivals advocacy for various yoga initiatives
Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old system of natural healing rooted in the ancient Vedic culture of India. Literally meaning “the science of life” (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge), Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga. Together yoga and Ayurveda work toward the goal of helping a person achieve health, happiness, and ultimately liberation. According to Ayurveda and yoga, health can only be achieved by the balanced and dynamic integration of body, mind and spirit with the changing cycles of nature. Ayurveda is a way of living. The guidelines provided by Ayurveda help us achieve physical, mental, and spiritual balance. The secret to health and longevity is living in harmony with Nature cycles. We are all a part of nature. All life is made up of the same elements as in the Nature. Earth is our body, water is the blood in our veins, fire is the heat in our body, air is our breath, and ether is the space in our atoms. There are three biological forces that govern both our inner and outer environments. These forces, known a doshas, are Vata (air/ether), Pitta (fire/water), and Kapha (water/earth). Every human being is a unique manifestation of these three forces of Nature. Moksha festival offers a number of lectures and workshops on the Ayurvedic perspective of health and wellness.
Sacred Music at the festival comprises of kirtans (call and response), bhajan (concert style) and instrumental concerts. We believe that any music that takes us into a higher state of consciousness is sacred music. We host musicians from different religious and ethnic backgrounds.